Electricity sales

With regard to the sales market, in 2010 AceaElectrabel Elettricità continued its expansion throughout Italy by means of synergies with established local players boasting a well-known brand, strong local roots and a well-established customer base. These alliances enable local partners to benefit from the size and reputation of AceaElectrabel Elettricità, as well as from its sourcing capacity. In turn, AceaElectrabel Elettricità is able to leverage local expertise and know how. Moreover, thanks to these agreements, free market customers may take advantage of the services of a supplier able to offer complete, tailor-made and profitable solutions.

In 2010, the sale of electricity on the market subject to additional safeguards was equal to 4,215 GWh, down 6.5% compared to 2009. The number of Customers totalled 1,350,505 (1,427,315 at 31.12.09). The decrease is linked to the opening up of the market following completion of the liberalisation process.

n contrast, the sale of electricity on the free market was equal to 12,408 GWh for AceaElectrabel Elettricità and 3,000 GWh for the retail joint ventures, for a total amount of 15,408 GWh, up 22.78% compared to 2009. Sales were recorded at 220,700 withdrawal points as at 31.12.10. The number of customers totalled 101,338, of which 98,512 customers of AceaElectrabel Elettricità and the remaining part of the retail joint ventures. The number of end users switching from the regulated to the free market in 2010 amounts to 101,249, representing an annual volume of 419 GWh, with around 59% of users acquired by other wholesalers, whilst the remaining 41% stayed with AceaElectrabel Elettricità. Moreover, the company sold 121.9 million cubic metres of gas to final customers and wholesalers, of which 110.5 million cubic metres supplied by AceaElectrabel Trading.